• In the Spotlight:

when your baby drops does it happen gradually or just bam!?

lovinmyfam4

Asked by lovinmyfam4 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it can be either way. I didn't drop very much until I was in labor. I do remember dropping a little cuz suddenly I had boobs and a stomach again instead of just them together.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Mine was a BAM. I forgot I was pregnant one day, and went running (yes, running at 39wks) after a teacher. Within 1 minute I had so much pressure in my pelvis, I had to lie down the rest of the day. Definitely a quick drop for me.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Mine was BAM too! I got up at 430 the other morning about a week ago, and was throwing up really bad (I was squatting on the floor), then after about 15 minutes of vomiting I tried to stand up and she had dropped! I was like OMG! lol, i guess all the muscles squeezing her made her drop down. Idk. But she has dropped even lower now, and it is SO painful....ugh...Oh im 36 wks.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Mine didn't drop until my water broke (chicken or egg, you decide). I woke up to my water broken and my belly low. I had a few dropping "false alarms" first, though, where it would look lower, and then somehow, it would go back up! It was kind of disheartening!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008