Woman problems?

My sister is 17 and has not had sex yet. So she hasnt gone to the gyn, she came and asked me whats wrong with her. She has clear thick discharge and a lol sour smell is how she explained it. What can this be? Im going to make an appt. tomrrow.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 6:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Health

• Yeast infection maybe?
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ~*Cheers*~ on the one hand because she made it this far and not caved into peer pressure! however I am not a doctor... but truly glad to hear she is still a virgin at 17
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Me to!! yeah shes really embarrassed and doesn't want to go to the gyn. So i thought id ask on here.

whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sounds like it is probably a yeast infection, although the discharge isn't usually clear. Maybe bacterial vaginosis.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• well sence she hasnt had sex then std's or out of the question. so i would say a yeast infection. i have never had one but my sister has explained it to me an it kinda sounds like what your sis said. hope she feels better soon. oh an their is test for that if she goes to the drug store atleast we have then here an u buy the meds for that over the counter too. so she dont need to go see a doc unless ofcorce its not a yeast infection hope this helps
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011