Name one thing...

In an attempt to get things back on track in this section, let's do something to bring a little more positive energy back here. If you are Christian, name one thing you like/respect about non-Christians. If you are non-Christian, name one thing you like/respect about Christians. Let's make this a positive thing people, and try to be nice to each other (and respectful).

I'll be back with my answer in a little bit (after I go to the store). : )

anime_mom619

Asked by anime_mom619 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• For the true christians I know IRL, I greatly admire their immense ability to care and love all people, all the time. I have learned a lot from them.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I can't generalize a group... I respect any person who can have a two way discussion on religion and remain respectful. It matters not what side of the debate they are on. I love learning from debates, even though I do not necessarily peruse then in this forum I like to read them. There are quite a few non-christian and Christian women on here who can hold their own while not belittling anyone else.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I like that I live in a country that honors freedom of religion. I want to live in a place where people have different ideas and perspectives and can voice them openly.  I think there is a lot of wisdom that can be gained from every viewpoint.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Gee, way to keep the OP on task there mommaclark.

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I find beauty in differences. So even though someone may not believe as i do there is always something good you can take away from someone else. I was raised a christian but at this point of my life i am searching for what i believe and i guess other religions i have found goodness and different life lessons to help me become wiser and better.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't think non Christians are any different than anyone else. I personally dislike some Christians I know and I have friends who I love dearly who do not believe as I do. I admire the inquisitiveness of some of the women here

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've never had a problem with a non christian....
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 6:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• that's just it, op. you can't generalize an entire group, positive or negative. although some tend to force the negatives on all, usually due to their interaction with one or a few persons of another 'group'.
    specifically, there are some non-christians (since that's what your post asks for) i do respect, like, love, admire, look up to, etc...which isn't to say i automatically do the same for fellow christians, on my own. i try to love all..i just don't like all..christian or nons.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• so why Athiests keep insisting on bashing Christians is a mystery to me, while pretending the Christians are bashing them, let alone pretnding that Christians on here are bashing others like themselves (that have religion).... "

There is no pretending, open your eyes. Christians are hardly wholly innocent.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• for the record, i've never been stalked (that i know of..or care) and i bow to no one on CM... i think i annoy them mostly, but i ain't skairt. i may come back and 'debate' a few times, but once i've said my piece, 'the group that harasses' (i can only assume who she's referring to) can dv me all they want. sometimes, a few agree with me, oddly enough.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011