Trouble sleeping

yesterday, i wrote about a chunk of discharge that looked like clear jello and everyone said probably mucus plug i am only 34 weeks, i didnt call my doc because i am not feeling any pain other than that my back hurts more than usual and now that i think of it last night was the worst night ever. does anyone else have trouble at night if its not my arms that fall asleep and hurt its my back if its not my back my legs but mostly my back and legs and somtimes my stomach the baby moving isnt the problem its the pain and if i lie on my back the pain goes away but then i cant breath, this is almost evrynight like i said last night was the worst and today the pain kinda just stayed in my back any ideas of what can help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sleep on your left side on the couch with pillows between your legs.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• iv tried almost everything im readyy to sleep sitting down on the couch because neither side is comfortable with or with out pillows.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It is hard those last few weeks.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Do you have a recliner? My last week of pregnancy, the only way I could sleep was on the recliner with it angled back at about 45 degrees.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes it was my dads he passed away in may and i kept it for when the new baby comes i thought about it last night but then i thought id be hott and sticky but tonight i will maby try it since i will be sleeping with ac this time
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Try the recliner. Your sleep is only going to get worse until the baby comes, and then THAT will mess up your sleep. So be a sleep grinch and do what you can to rest now.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree with sleeping in the recliner. It's a great position. I ate a banana every day to help with leg cramps. Do mention the back pain to your doctor. They may want to check that you aren't contracting.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• *HUGS*
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel. I'm 37 weeks and I've tried everything. Nothing works and I havent gotten more than a few hours of sleep a night for the last few weeks. I cant take naps either because I have a 4 year old to take care of during the day. Just hang in there, you only have a few weeks left.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The recliner works for me, but I HAVE to have the A/C on...Alot of nights i get this tingling feeling in my legs and sometimes all over, I don't know what it is but it really keeps me from sleeping Im at 35 weeks now so I know how you feel hope the recliner helps ya..
    nicole_1996

Answer by nicole_1996 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011