Got a phone call from Delivering Hospital....

I am 35 weeks along in this pregnancy, and my tummy is measuring is measuring 41 weeks. The Delivering Hospital just called me 20 minutes ago and scheduled an on the phone type interview for delivery on July 15th. That right there would put me at 38 weeks, and if my tummy grows like it is now, my tummy would be at almost 44-45 wks. My OB told me he wasn't going to make me go till the end of July due to the risk of Uterine Rupture. So I need some advice, should I get this labor going on my own around July 9th, as I would be 37 weeks at that point? If so, what are the best, and safest ways to do it?

Please no bashing as I don't feel that would help me right now, all I know is my body will not make it that long, even on bed rest. Cause they say that you should not lay on your back during pregnancy, and I can't lay on my left or right side without causing a lot of pain. I can't walk very well, and I can't walk around without having to sit down about 5-10 minutes later cause it feels like my legs are going to give out on me. Please moms, I need to find out what is the best way to do the labor thing.

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nipple stimulation is the only thing that there are good studies on showing that it can be effective, though many women swear by sex.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would call your OB and have them call the hospital to get the correct date
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 7:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• There really isn't anything that will start labor unless your body is really ready. Does your dr. know why you are measuring so big? Is the plan to induce you or c/s? If inducing, he mustn't be too concerned about uterine rupture...the meds. used to induce can cause rupture more so than if you just go on your own.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yeah, I would call you ob and discuss your concerns with them... They may be suspecting you are further along than originally estimated. Have the done an ultrasound recently to check?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I haven't gotten an u/s in like a month. I am measuring so big I guess because of gestational diabetes. I am on the phone right now with my OB office, I will update here in a few minutes.
    JohnsonFamily5

Comment by JohnsonFamily5 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Ok...OB office nurse just said it was protocol, but not to worry about it. I had them schedule an appt. for the doctor to kinda give me more of a heads up. Cause I can't sleep without causing pain on my left or right side, and walking isn't helping much cuase if feels like my legs are going to give out on me. Thanks for the replies moms, I appreciate it.
    JohnsonFamily5

Comment by JohnsonFamily5 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I know the feeling. I have been measuring an entire month ahead for the past 2 months, but of course I still have some time to go. As far as trying to get labor going walk walk walk. Really it is all on when baby and your body is ready. Do squats, use a birthing ball to bounce on, and you could try sex (if it isn't too uncomfortable for you. I wish you lots of luck! I'm so sorry your so miserable :( like I said I completely understand how you are feeling...I always get HUGE when pregnant.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• At my 36 week check up last week they did an ultrasound and told me that my son is measuring at 39 weeks. So now I am 37 weeks and he is 40 and they are gonna make me wait it out. There really isnt much you can do about inducing labor yourself unless your body is ready. I know it sucks. But those ultrasounds can be off by 20%, I asked my doctor today about it. They are not very accurate. He told me its about as accurate as guessing myself.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011