Its my fault she died

it was a tuesday, i was visiting my gran and i just had a really strong feeling she was going to die that night and i should stay there. i told myself i was just being stupid, i phoned her that night between 8 and 8:30, she was fine.
i phoned the next morning and the police answered the phone.... my gran had died and i just cant get over it. i should have stayed and mabey she would still be alive.
i miss her so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• It's not your fault.. sometimes you just can't change fate.
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 7:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I am so sorru hun but it wan't your fault. Get that out of your head. Hugs.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ((Hugs)) It's not your fault hun. I'm so sorry for your loss, but sometimes these things happen, and even if you were there, you probably wouldn't have been able to change it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm so sorry about your grandmother. It's not your fault. It could have happened even if you had stayed with her.

Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 7:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

•  It is not your fault that she died. Even if you had of been there, chances are it is something that you could not have prevented. I do know how you feel though. When my grandmother died, the night before she had been put in the hospital for fluid on her heart. She had been in the hospital several times for the same thing and they were always able to drain the fluid and she would be out the next day. My mom asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital and since I was waiting on a phone call from my husband to let me know when to pick him up at the airport (he was coming home from Iraq), I told my mom that I would visit her the next day. I didn't get that next day and I have carried that around with me for the past 6 years. I am sorry for your loss, but please don't make the same mistake that I did and blame yourself.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My dad died last Monday and I miss him like you wouldn't believe. She would have died if you had been there or not. Big hugs Momma. She knows how much you love her and she wouldn't want you to regret not being with her.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I am So Sorry about your Gran.. it is weird how we feel things sometimes but, in no way was it your fault- i'm sure your Gran wouldn't want you to blame yourself; she was happy that you were there visiting with her..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm so sorry, it's really not your fault. Your Grandmother loved you and she wouldn't want you to be placing unnecessary guilt on yourself. Remember the good memories you had of her.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• it wasn't your fault just because you had a feeling .... intuition that it was going to happen you can blame yourself for fate....

traren

Answer by traren at 7:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... when it is their time to go it is their time... I felt guilt for years because my grandfather talked me into sneaking him salami that his was my fault

IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT SHE DIED... and it'll take a while for you to see that and move forward? I spent a month on my livingroom couch, crying, and to be honest that whole month is a blurr to me, but it hit me one day that my grandfather would not have wanted me like that and it wasn't my fault... take as much time as you need to grieve!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011