Wiccan Mommies:When did you become Wiccan? How did it come about?

manna1qd

Asked by manna1qd at 8:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was about 49 yrs. old and had spent 30 fruitless years in the Nazarene Church. I was a librarian for 25 years and I researched many different religions and belief systems. Wicca was the one that I chose and I have never regretted it!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I am not Wiccan, but Pagan. I was taught many of the principals of Paganism but none of the rituals, names, or what I would consider "religion" as a child. My mother was a non-practicing Wiccan, she had started on her path as a young adult but put aside all religion while she focused on being a mom. I didn't start to seriously pursue my spiritual path until I was about 23, but was aware that it was what made the most sense to me since I was a teenager. Around age 14 I started exploring religions in depth & that is how I found my path.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My parents found Wicca when I was about four, and I've followed that path ever since, because it is what feels right to me. I don't claim Wicca, but Paganism anymore, though.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• about 12
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I was raised Catholic but wasn't very active in the church. I was introduced to Wicca by my husband at age 23 (he never pressured anything on me). The more I learned the more it fit with what I had been feeling/doing naturally all my life. The cycle of the year, the equality of the sexes etc.. all of it fit. I had always been a spiritual person and the wiccan faith allows me to connect with the Divine in ways just going to Sunday mass didn't do. It's not that I didn't feel good or renewed after church and stuff but with Wicca the connection carries throughout everything I do or am. It's a little hard to explain over the internet :)
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I was a sophomore in high school, I was leaving the Christian faith and I was reading and learing about other religons, and I really clicked with this one.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Growing up I knew Christianity was justn ot for me. But it wasn't until college that I discovered Wicca and general paganism. I started to persue it then but not very actively. It wasn't until a few years at age 34 that I started really researching it and practicing. bUt I don't follow Wicca strictly but do have some Wiccan influences.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 7:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2008