Friends?

Do you ever say to yourself, how come I don't have that many friends? When I go out to places, people say hey or we talk, but I have no friends that I hang with, that I can say, hey come on, let's go hang out, they're either with their mates or don't want to go to the places I like to go to. That's why I end up going places by myself. When I meet people,they seem to like me, I smile alot, i make jokes sometimes, I think I'm a nice person. I don't hang around people who like drama,are too flirty with men, do questionabe things, could it be I'm too judgemental and have to accept people as they are, or what could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I am picky about who I choose as a friend as well... espcially because my husband and kids will be around them... not just me, I am a package!

However there are things like M.O.P.S., meetup.com, yahoo groups, local stuff, and find a hobby locally to meet others that are like minded? I personally could go a really long time without other people, I don't need to be surrounded, and probably why I can afford to be picky... I think quality not he number of friends I have
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I dont have friends because I dont trust anyone. My sister is the only one who ever watches my children, and I dont abuse the favor. I use her for nights out with my hubby. But even thats rare.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think it is hard if you're home all the time. I don't know if I have ever met someone and befriended them just in passing. I have made most of my lasting friendships at work, in school, or with friends of close friends or family. It can be hard to meet people that you genuinely get along with when you only meet them for a few minutes at a time.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• well, the only friends i have are my sister and 2 girls and a guy that i went to college with. but we don't hang out very much...mostly talk on the phone once in a blue moon and get together like once a year lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I tend to have friendships that resemble family relationships. I feel that friendship is a term that is used to loosely. My friends (the few I have) are really extended family members. Its a matter of knowing who you can trust rather than just having a person to temporarily socialize with
    shygirl.sk

Answer by shygirl.sk at 8:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Friends are rare, indeed. I have read magazine articles that brag about the wonderful health benefits women get from the friendships they form, but I know very few women who actually HAVE friends. They are all too busy. They have husbands, many have jobs or careers, they have kids, they run the kids all over God's creation for extra-curriculars and keep the kids so busy they can't play, and then they need to have therapy because of stress, and well... something's got to give! I don't mean to sound so negative. But I am 53 years old, and a little tired of being alone. I met a great friend about a year ago, who had boys near the age of my granddaughter. We went everywhere together with our three little ones - the YMCA, the park, the zoo, the museum, and at each other's homes. I loved it! For the first time in four decades I had a best friend! She moved. You should join a club in whatever interests you - meet similar peopl
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I am so right there with you; this happens to me all the time; I am always right there readily available for anyone or anything that someone wants done; I even thought I had found a child hood friend and that we could start doing things together but it hasn't happened; I do everything for everyone and bend over backwards to help everyone else but when I need a friend to be there for me just to talk to or whatever they are never around.

I have never expected anything in return but just to have someone to talk to when I need someone. It has always been my nature to help, and it is very frustrating when you don't get the help back. I think you and I are alike in a lot of ways; if you want someone to talk to and be there for you I will be your friend. Now I hold everyone at arms length and don't let anyone get close I just don't want to get hurt or be left stranded. Go ahead and send me a friends request if you'd like.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2011