Would you tell a family member that another one is trashing them?

My FIL is known for telling stories, starting rumors and embellishing. He likes to blame other people for his problems. He spends his money on beer and cigarettes, then whines to anyone with ears that he doesn't have the money for his heart medications. Which is why he keeps ending up back in the hospital. He just got out today, after a heart attack and having stents put in. BIL called me after speaking with his Dad and was upset with what FIL said has been going on at SIL's house. (FIL lives there with SIL and her DH.) FIL has made up stories about pretty much every one in the family, so I wasn't surprised by the things he said. For some reason, FIL says that he's "scared" of SIL, among other things. FIL said she's taking his money and that's why he can't afford his medicine. I don't think that's the truth, so I don't know that I should say anything to SIL about it. Would you say something to her if it were you?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• ~*YES*~... I do not believe or waste time with people that are like that! "Henhouse ways" as my family would call it...

If it were me (not saying to just what I would do) I would put things where they belong from the start, people always know where they stand with me, and I tell them to their faces! And if they think I am going to put up with talking behind others backs... think again? I am not back stabbing, catty, or two-faced!

Considering elder abuse can be charged... tell her????
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• That's kind of what I was thinking. I know good and well the things he made up about us when he lived here were false. I don't think it's fair for him to try to pit one sibling against the others, either, making people think he's being mistreated. I hate that he's making up more stories, but this will confirm to SIL that the crap he started about us a few years ago was false.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes i would cuz this could get her into trouble with the law if he tells it to the right person an adult servces will be at her door an then she will have this over her head for a while he needs treatment an a place to live thats like a mental hospital or a day/night place to live. or a friends he needs to stop sucken off family i hate people like this.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 8:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well, I bit the bullet and told her. She went of on her Dad, just like he deserved!
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011