I am taking the 1hour glucose test in the morning. I haven't had any sugar or carbs in the past 2 days, does that mean I will pass?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You shouldn't change your diet before your test. You want an accurate reading, so your baby has the best chance. Don't try to fool the test, the only one it harms is the baby.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Probably, unless you have gestational diabetes.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You should eat normally. This test is not a pass or fail thing. If you do have a diabetic issue while pregnant. You should want to know now not later.

Answer by louise2 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The glucose test is not a pass/fail test. You need to eat as you normally eat so that the test would be accurate. Now, I wouldn't eat a donut right before the test or anything like that. They need to make sure that your body is producing enough insulin. BTW, if you haven't eaten any sugar or carbs, what have you been eating?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Usually they tell you not to eat after midnight the day before the test. No it doesn't mean you will pass.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2011