Do you think its okay to drink wine while pregant??

is yes how much is too much and how often?? im asking this for a friend want to see how you all feel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• no u arent sposse to consume anything during pregnacy that could harm your baby. an if your going to be breastfeed then again no.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 7:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yep. IMO, it is ok to drink about a glass of wine a week or so. The problem is people don't know when to say when.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes i know that but im having a debate with a friend who disagrees she preggo not me and she plans on breastfeeding
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Honestly I err on the side of caution. Tehy don't know how much it takes to cause FEAS or at what point it is unsafe to drink. we know that women drink and have normal healthy babies, but we also know that women dirnk and have babies with problems. I played it safe and waited. If omeone needs a drink that bad then they need to seek counseling.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree with purpleducky. About one glass a week is fine. In other cultures and countries, the doctor recommends that a pregnant woman have a glass or two a week.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• well my doctor game the ok twice for champagne but its a personal decision. i did do it at the very end. i was about 37 weeks and i had half a glass of sangria. every doctor is different and every person that is pregnant has to make that own decision. i never drank until the really end even with that ok but i gave myself permission. ask your friend to ask her doctor and if she really wants it to take a little bit. i say if its in the 2nd or 3rd triemester its better then the first. i personally would do just a tad but everyone makes their own choice.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• okay thats what i heard maybe once a week. i think when my friend starts she will want it everyday and i dont agree with that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Personally I wouldn't chance it with my baby... but I don't judge those who do... figure worst case they can retard their kid and give mine the upper hand... Hahaha!!! I know bad sense of humor

But I wouldn't chance it, and I added choline/DHA to my vitamins to help give a better chance! So soemthing that can retard my kid wasn't an option... but even my doctor told me I technically could do a glass a day... no thanks!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't see the benefits to doing so while pregnant. Not knowing a concrete amount that's safe would have me abstaining completely. There are other, safer, non-alcoholic means to lowering stress and relaxing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 8:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011