Have you ever decided color coding while washing clothes just takes more time?

so you put em all together and nothing happened? no leaks, no mixing of colors? well i did that, now i do it all the time! not with new clothes though.. so do you think the clothes ARE changing color, just not so much that i can notice? i feel like i shouldn't be mixing but it sure makes it a lot easier

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I sort everything. I love to wash clothes though so I'm pretty anal about the laundry.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I guess it's fine if it's not a lot of dark reds. They tend to be the ones that run. I still sort all my clothes though, doesn't take too much extra time.

Last year I worked as a housekeeper for a really wealthy family and while doing the laundry I sorted the clothes. The wife told me I didn't have to sort them because she had the "new" high efficiency washer. Don't know if the type washer has anything to do with it though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yeah I just throw them all in as one load and nothing has ever happened. There's no sorting for me either. Soaps and dyes are a lot more durable than they used to be.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I use those color fast sheets- and they work well
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• On "Lazy Days" I add a little dawn dish soap to the washing machine to prevent bleeding... works every time! And my family is none the wiser... hahah
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I throw everything in together and wash it in cold.
    Kat31

Answer by Kat31 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When the color on new cloths stop fading I throw all colored cloths together.

Answer by louise2 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i seperate out whites/lights, bright colors and dark colors. my sister doesn't....she just throws them all together and her clothes always come out looking dingy imo. i use cold for all of them though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I wash them all together in cold water. But almost all of our clothes are darks anyway so it's no biggy. The only whites we have are some underwear (that no one besides DH is ever going to see) and maybe a couple of small wash cloths.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't separate anything unless it requires a special cycle. Everything goes in together!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011