I am only 25 weeks pregnant....and i gained 25 pounds. i don't think that is normal, or is it?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• what does your doc say? i only gained 26 my entire pregnancy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's not statistically ideal, but not unusual at all.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I gained a total of 50 my entire pregnancy but u might want to take it easy if you want to get back in shape after You deliver
    Rrassi

Answer by Rrassi at 8:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Every pregnancy is different. A lot of my girlfriends gained steadily through their entire pregnancy, but I always gained nothing at the beginning and 30lbs in the last 3 months...still yet, there are women who gain it all in the beginning and nothing toward the end. Even if you continued to gain a pound a week, you would only be up to 40lbs and that isn't WAY overboard...just a little bit.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• it depends on how much you weighed before pregnancy (underweight/normal weight women can gain more than overweight/obese women) and how your diet is. if you're eating healthy foods in correct portions then you're fine. if you're eating crap then you are risking gestational diabeties and going to have a tough time losing the weight after delivery (because you will not be used to a healthy lifestyle). so i can't really say if you should be worried or not, but that is a little more than normal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• doctor was okay with it. i was really small, and it still looks like its all belly! we were both surprised with the weight gain. he said, some gain a lot at one point then not much towards the end.
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i eat pretty healthy. im athletic. 5'7", 130 lbs. now im 155. hahaahaha
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• then you're ok lol....don't worry ;)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's not ideal necessarily, but it's not at all abnormal. I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy. I lost 37 of it within two weeks of having him. It was all fluids and the baby. Your doctor should let you know if it's something to worry over. Sometimes excessive weight gain can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia, but you'd probably have other symptoms as well.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Honestly, every one is different and every pregnancy can be different. If you're really small pre-pregnancy you are supposed to gain more than a woman that was already overweight. I gained 50 with my first, then only 25 with my second....it can vary. I'm sure you're fine, just let the doc know you want to know what you should be gaining for your weight frame.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011