So when I was 15 I had this boyfriend

We were together for like a year in the half. I was his first. Lost contact because I moved(never broke up). Found each other when I was 18. Talked for a while. Lost contact.(never broke up) 6 years later, found each other again. We caught up, reminised, and talked about should ofs, could ofs,would ofs. We still keep in contact every now and then but I can't stop thinking about him...ugh and the bad part is I keep either running into him or his sister. Lol
Do you think this is just coincidence or does it mean something? I don't want to sound weird or strange but I can't get him off my mind. And it don't help that I live like 10 min away from him now....sigh shoot me now.....lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Never ever leave your husband for someone else. Not only is that the worst reason for leaving someone and a very hard blow to him, but what if it turned out to be awful if you got with the other guy? Then the blame game would start. Resentment would set in. And eventually you would start saying, "I can't believe I left my husband for this shit." Nobody deserves that. Maybe you're thinking that you just have to know what could have been. Honey I am telling you, thank God for unanswered prayers. Obviously you and this other person are not together for a reason. Maybe you are not meant to know the reason, but honey believe me. You need to figure out why you're not happy with your husband, for you to entertain thoughts about another man, you aren't satisfied with him anymore and THAT is what you should be focusing on. Not the past and certainly not what-ifs.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I take it that either you or him are married or in a relationship and that is why this is a problem? If not, go for it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yeah, you can't leave your family for a "what if". If you aren't doing well in your marriage, consider leaving, but not for someone else.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes I am married! I will feel just awful to leave my DH for him and it's not what I expected.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• so am just guessing that u arent happy with your marrage if so am sorry. but it ,ight also just be the what ifs talken if your happy then u should breack up your marrage on the other hand if the marrage isnt worken then i would ask him how he feel an if it the same way u do an what to try to work things out an does he know your married do u know at all how his life is going maybe he has someone else an wont take that step with ya. again hun am any guessing dont know the whole story. hope all works out good luck
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 8:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Stop and quit thinking about what could have been, the grass will always be greener on the other side!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Have you always been this short-sighted, or is this a recent development?

QUIT BEING AN ASSHOLE! The fact that you live close and see him or his sister means NOTHING. The thing that does mean something is the fire in your panties over this guy. Re-focus all that energy on your relationship with your husband and knock off the bullshit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Old feelings never die. But first off, you did break up. Not formerly but still broke up in any case. Otherwise, that would mean you cheated on him the entire time and still think your in a relationship with him. Which isn't reality. You moved on, dated and even married. So you didn't have closure. The would, could, should of conversation might be all the closure you get.

Everything your feeling doesn't really mean a thing beyond, he was good bf when you had him and that your body knows a potential mate when it meets one. It's chemistry plus past history and it's potent. You might have to wait this out for about three years. That's how long limerence can take to fade. Good luck.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanx ladies except anonymous. I am not even going to entertain you with a response. You are a coward who hides behind the anonymous button because you are too much of a bitch not to

as to everyone else....i respect your opinion and and I would have to agree! It wouldn't be smart. I love my husband and just like every marriage we go through our ups and downs but we also manage to get through them! After doing some serious thinking myself, I will just let the past be the past.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011