Everytime I eat hamburger meat....

I get sooo nauseus....like wth?!
Maybe cause all I eat usually is turkey meat, ground turkey, turkey burgers. My husband is a butcher so this time he brings home ground beef....ugh i feel horrible
has something similar like this happened to you

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 8:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• maybe because it has more fat? ground beef gives me heartburn....because of the fat
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yea maybe.....I feel awful
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sense you do not eat a lot of hamburger. that is the issue. Tell him to bring home some ground turkey too.

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Lol i know right....:(
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm guessing that you are not tolerating the grease. I am like that as well. If I eat too much fatty food I feel like there is grease rolling around my stomach for hours afterward and the times that I have actually thrown up from it hours later...it is pure grease and fat that I throw up. It is disgusting.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• is it all beef or just hamburger? i'm allergic to beef. actually anything that comes from cow. its fairly common.
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 3:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• OMGosh! Me too! I stopped eating red meat last fall. We do all turkey too. Last weekend I ate a hamburger. I swear I was sick to my stomach for two days afterwards. I was wondering if it was the grease or if I was becoming intolerant to it
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm sure it has to do with the fat content. My stomach doesn't handle it well either. If that's all there is to eat, try cutting the patty in half (length-wise, so it's half as much but still fits the bun) and double up on buns. Sounds dumb, but it'll work if you have no other option. All the soluble fiber in the buns will help absorb the fat and digest more easily.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 9:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, sometimes the smell of it is more than I can handle. I don't know why. And then other times it is no problem.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011