Used Whirlpool Duet steam washer and dryer

How much would you pay for two year old whirlpool duet steam washer and dryer set? My cousin is selling a set and she said she would take weekly payments from me. But she is asking 1,500$. I was thinking more along the lines of 800 or 900$. I looked it up and it looks like I could get brandnew ones for that price.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• $1500 is way out of line. I have them and to be quite honest they aren't that great. At least once a month I have to remove the plate in the front of the washer, lift it up and clean out the drain in the front. I wouldn't pay more than 600-700 for the set used. And that's if I really liked them.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• lol yeah, for the price she is asking you might as well go get a new one.
    Honestly, I wouldn't pay more then 600 for the pair if I were to buy them used. But that's just me.
    Try looking them up on the internet and see what price they are going for used and talk her down in price. If she wont budge you'll have a list of the item that you can get used for cheaper or just buy them new.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'd buy brand new for the price she is asking ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011