Your feelings on guns in homes??

I got this reply a little while back to one of my postst
"I personally don't believe anyone should be allowed to own guns except police officers & maybe for hunting only. but handguns & all these powerful weapons out there? no way should a felon, espically one that was charged with something gun related be allowed to own a gun! .But that's another post I supose, lets not turn this into a different post lol"

How do you personaly feel? I personaly think that NO ONE has the right to take our guns away! I can't belive people don't find the second amendmint sadisfactory where as it was something this country was FOUNDED ON!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• guns for self defense - OK as long as the person is trained on how to work it (don't need some idiot buying a gun and not even knowing how to fire the thing) and if kids are in the home they need to have the locks on them so that a key is needed to get to the trigger, too many accidents with kids getting their hands on guns and playing with them.

as for my brother thinking he needs a sniper rifle... um no. LOL he doesn't hunt, he says it's "self defense" but honestly who the heck is going to be threatening from 2 miles away... that's not a self defense gun.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i think we should be able to hve them for our own security, but i think people need to be a lot more aware of the safety of guns and children... i personally would NOT allow a gun to be brought into my home for the sake of my daughter. accidents are accidents, they are never intended to happen but with guns and children, they do.

thats just me though.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• woah! salexander - she said that she copied that from a reply to one of her previous questions. read the whole thing before getting your undies in a wad.
    Anonymous

• now as far as our home is concerned..we have small children and we do not believe in having guns in our home because kids snoop and find trouble no matter how good a parent you think you are. But it is my right as an American to bear arms if I so choose! I do not think A K 47 are necessary every, but I don't think you or anybody else has the right to tell any American they cannot protect their home or family.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It was not aimed directly at her...I just think people need to know each situation before making broad generalizations about people they don't even know...and I will always get my panties in a wad when it comes to ANYONE trying to tell me that my DH is a piece of shit who does not have the same rights as everyone else!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• wowwwwwww, she was using that as something to look at, she wasnt attacking you salexander. calm down hun
    Anonymous

• I agree that if you can own a gun responsibly and dont have any prior convictions for a gun related charge. But if you can own it and keep it AWAY from a child or anyone that could do some harm. Then I am ok with it. But it is not for me. I WONT have one. My SO keeps telling me we need to get one. But I wont let him. We have YOUNG kids and one on the way and even if we were to get a safe or lock or cabinet for it there is always a chance.

edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I am a card carrying member of the NRA. We own handguns and rifles. We have all taken gun safety classes and we have permits. My DH was in the Marine Corps he can can handle a weapon very safely and knows when to use it. Do I feel safer? No, not really. Chances are if you have to use a gun for self defense your not going to be in a position to go get it....things like that happen really fast. But I would Never want our rights to bare arms taken away. Ever.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• well i don't have a problem with anyone having guns in the home for hunting or for protection. my ex husband broke into my home fourteen years ago almost killed me and threatened to kill my daughter who was two at the time. let me tell you ladies he ever comes around my home again he is going to be one sorry sob
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The right to own a gun won't go away. Being responsible owning one seems to be the issue. Leaving them lay around without locks on them for kids to get is irresponsible. The guy in AZ whose 8 yr old shot him recently would attest to that....if he were still alive.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2008