Drinking father

My husband would rather drink then be at home with his 10 month old son. He says that he's going to quit drinking but it never happens, he wont even cut back. I've told him it's either his son and me or his friends and the alcohol. He says that it's going to be his son and me but then he goes drinking the next day. What should i do?

Happymomma365

Asked by Happymomma365 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• His addiction to alcohol overwhelms his love for you and his son right now. He is sincere when he says the words, but the craving for alcohol takes over all his reasoning power. Until he wants help, and sees that he needs it, he will never seek it out. You should leave and stay gone until he gets clean and sober.You may be able to get back together once he gets clean, but it will never get better for you until he decides he needs help and gets it.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• don't just threaten... do it! I think he probably knows it's just an empty threat since this appears to have been going on for a while.
    Anonymous

• i agree completely with anon
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2008