Diet

Does anyone know a good diet or any diet pills that actually work to get me jump started

3lilANGELS236

Asked by 3lilANGELS236 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I wouldn't recommend any pills; they are usually just caffeine and other stimulants that can sometimes have serious side effects. I'm on Atkins right now and have lost 15 lbs in a little over a month. The key is finding something you like and can stick to because its really about changing your eating, exercise and thought patterns about food. Hang in there and good luck!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 9:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree that pills are not the way to go. They can be dangerous, or they can be a simple waste of money. Finding a diet plan that you can stick with for the rest of your life will make all the difference. I'm eating clean and exercising, and I've lost about 65 lbs so far. I'd highly recommend eating clean. Another safe, effective diet plan is the DASH Diet, which is geared toward people with high blood pressure, but it's good for almost anyone. Like eating clean, it emphasizes fresh produce and getting rid of processed foods, as well as proper portion sizes. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• All you need is a healthy lifestyle, including a lifelong way of eating healthy....(no "diet" or pills)!

I eat clean, such as Eat Clean by Tosca Reno but other great books with similar eating styles are Jillian Michaels: Master Your Metabolism and Jackie Warner's: This Is Why Your Fat!

Eat within the calories you need for weight loss, burn 500 calories more than you eat a day with exercise and daily activity and you'll lose a pound a week.

You can find out how many calories you burn in a day doing nothing, how many you need to maintain your weight and how many you need to lose weight at this online BMR calculator: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• im doing Body By Vi and love it ..already lost 20 pounds in less than 2 months.. ive gone down 2 pant sizes too.. and my thighs no longer rub together..its brilliant!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks guys
    3lilANGELS236

Comment by 3lilANGELS236 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am on a diabetic diet under my doctors care you should really talk to your doctor and get some tips and ideas from him. What I do is I write down everything I eat--carbs, fats, calories ect and it cannot total more then what they have set for me in a day. Alot of days I do not even eat that amount but that is the goal my doctor has set for me.

I have lost over 40 pounds, but I also walk every day, swim at least twice a week and have cut out all sweets and junk food and soda. Soda is a big factor in people gaining weight because if you don't have soda you feel like you want to eat all the time. I try to keep healthier snacks and drink lots of water during the day also.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011