Help plz im confused..

Im very confused..on may 19th my hubby and I had xxx then may 20th I took the first choice morning after pill then I drank some champagne not thinking if it would effect it then a few days later had what I thought was my period could I still have concived? todays june 28th and I havent gotten my period I never throw up when I drink champagne n last week I did now my boobs are sore and for the past week and a half I keep cramping and feeling like im goin to get my period and now its completly gone could I still have gotten pregnant even tho I took the morning after pill ? I took a test and it came up negitive then a little while later there was a failt line going up and down...mabe its too early?? I really dont know much about the morning after pill does anyone???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The morning after pill is a rush of hormones that takes the fertilized egg and flushes it out of your system before it has a chance to attach to the uterine wall. Depending on how you feel about abortion, then this could possibly fall into the abortion line. I'm not sure how "good" they are at flushing it out of your system if there is a fail rate or not, but the amount of hormones that are in there is enough to mess up your period for awhile. The faint line is going to depend on how long later you looked. After a while it could turn pink. Test again and make sure that you check it in the time frame the directions say.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• If you guys had unprotected sex any time before then you could have gotten pregnant. The morning after pill will not effect an existing pregnancy. Ive taken the morning after pill before also, and was told not to take it with alcohol. It could have decreased the effect of the pill.
    stephensmommy10

Answer by stephensmommy10 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i agree with stephensmommy10
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• On the box it says not an abortion pill I dont believe in abortion that y I took it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• If you were pregnant when you took the morning after pill, it will not disrupt an existing pregnancy. I would retest in the morning when your hormone levels are higher.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Could I have gotten pregnant that night he didnt pull out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You can get pregnant even if he does pull out. There is pre-ejaculate which is before orgasm and it has a much higher concentration of semen in it. It's not an abortion pill but it depends on when you think life begins. I believe it begins when the egg has been fertilized, not when it attaches to the uterus. So it's all on the way you think. Pulling out is the least safe way of birth control other than not pulling out.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I believe the same but could you concieve right away like as soon as the spearm enters ??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011