Domesticated

Have you ever felt like your SO looks at you as a COMPLETELY different person since you've had a baby? I know it changes things, but it seems like my SO thinks I should be a certain way because I am a mother. I don't feel like the funny, appealing person he fell inlove with. It's like since I'm a mother and my views on things aren't taken as lightly, I'm not fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Same problem here. I feel like such a hypocrite from before i had a baby because i was reckless and wild. Now im as safe and boring as i can get. I just remind him that im still good ole me with my fiery temper (which he adores) and my air headed personality lol
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• LOL yes! The mom is always the bad guy. The one putting a damper on fun. But he looks at me in a different but good way too. Like sometimes he looks at me like "you are so sexy and I am so happy you carried my children." If that makes sense? I love it!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• you know i kept thinking since i became a mother i should dress down. but i m 20 so why should i dress in sweats and sweaters all the time???(i have a hip! not sluty yuck)lol i act the same just more motherly. my hubby always said i act older than him and he is 28! lol
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I don't think the changes have been quite so negative for me. He still thinks I'm funny and pretty, but I think he is "softer" with me since we became parents. I think there is a definite transition when you have a baby and have to look at each other as parents...in a way, you're going to evaluate their "performance" as a mother. He likes seeing me be affectionate with our daughter and he likes that we raise her with a sense of humor and I think that maybe even took me up a notch in his eyes. That said, he treats me a lot differently while I'm pregnant and is constantly worried about hurting me or how much I'm eating (says I eat too little, but I don't) and is a lot more protective...I also know that he doesn't find me as sexual or attractive at this time. If you just had a baby, maybe this feeling didn't wear off.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Welcome to the Madonna syndrome. It wasn't that bad after children, but after I decided to SAH for a while he looks at me as if I'm a saint. It's a shame when your husband wants to make love rather than have the hot nasty 2a.m. sex you used to enjoy. lol
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008