Do u think i should have my US at 16 wks

Hi all am new on here and thought id start with this qu thats bugging me
i am due on the 24th of june, but i might be a bit further along then that according to my last US
so say the 24th of june is right do u think i should have my next US on the 9th of jan or change it?
i want to no the sex of my baby and i dont no if i should wait 2 more wks or if i should have it at 16 and a bit wks
if they cant tell the sex at 16wks will they let me have another US? i doubted it thats why im curious on if i should wait a bit longer
as far as i have researched this is what i have come up with correct me if im wrong
the baby will have its genitals at 12wks, the only thing stopping from telling the sex is the way the baby is possitioned etc eg having its legs crossed
does this mean it wont make a dif if i have my us at 16 or 20 wks either way it just depends on how its possitioned
or is it more clearer further along?
cheers

missloo

Asked by missloo at 9:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• CHANGE IT TO LIKE 20 WEEKS... THATS WHEN THEY CAN USUALLY TELL
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would change it. The "older" the baby is, the more accurate the US will be. I think it may be up to the insurance company if they will pay for another US, but I've heard both sides (they pay or won't).

my 1st I waited until 23 weeks or something, and this time I did it was 21 weeks. Both times they told me to come back, because they weren't 100% sure.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would wait until 19 or 20 weeks. That is when you will be able to see the best. Plus they will check to make sure the baby is growing properly etc. Do be aware that the further along you are when you have an u/s the more your due date can change. The earliest date is most likely the closest.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• yea i was told the earlier the better with dates, i might make it for 19 wks then and hope that they can tell, i might call up right now and try to change the date and also check if they cant tell the sex if i am able to come back for another u/s
    has anyone on here not been able to tell the sex due to the babys possition and not getting another u/s?
    cheers :)
    lani
    missloo

Answer by missloo at 9:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• ok i just spoke to the lady i can have my us on the 30th of jan, and i asked if they cant tell the sex on that date can i have another us and she said yes i can just get another referal from my doc, so now im thinking i shouldnt have changed the date lol owel im happy to wait a bit longer just to make sure bubs is ok
    missloo

Answer by missloo at 10:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• it will really give you something to look forward to.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would wait until you are at least 20 weeks along if you want to know the sex of the baby. If you go to soon they may not be able to tell yet and then you will not be able to find out unless you have to have another ultra sound for complications.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• You should find out how many your insurance will pay for. It would suck if they only pay for one or two.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i dont think that the whole insurance thing works that way in aus, i dont have to pay for any ultrasounds or anything
    missloo

Answer by missloo at 11:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If you wanna know the sex then you need to have the US between 18-20 weeks (thats when they can first tell).
    angelbaby2

Answer by angelbaby2 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2008