Would you tell your just turned four year old it was it birthday when can't celerbrate it?

My baby boy turns four tomorrow but his party is on friday should i tell him it's his birthday when he has nothing tommorw? I can't afford balloons and cake both days? When he has no concept of time and can't understand were having your party in a few days should i just keep my mouth shut and save the birthday wishes for friday?

Codragonfly

Asked by Codragonfly at 9:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• save it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i would just wait
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The dollar store sells balloons for a buck a piece... I would find a way... have you looked at "Wish Apon a Hero" as an option?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• He will understand, he's plenty old enough. It may take a few times for him to really get the concept. Just sing Happy Birthday for him tomorrow night at the dinner table or something. My daughter turned 4 in March and we did the same thing.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 9:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• apon or upon... can't remember
    MommaClark3

• The path of least resistance. In the scheme of things, he won't notice a day difference. Some children understand the concept that their birthday and the actual party may not coincide, just say uncle x or auntie y or whoever needs to work, so Friday is the best day to have a party.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would tell him. Keep it simple. Sing Happy Birthday, take him to a park, and if you can cook him his favorite dinner.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sure I'd tell him, do little things to make him feel special for that day (do things that don't cost $$). My 4 year old understands the concept of having a party a few days after his actual b-day - yours will too ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• you can wish him a happy birthday and then talk about how you will celebrate it in a couple of days. the kind of cake you're having and balloons etc. get him excited about it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My DD turned 3 today and all I did was to give her a balloon and took her to the park because I'm broke right now. I did bake cupcakes for her and will throw her a party this weekend.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2011