Anybody had this happen at web registration for classes?

I had my reg appt tonight on-line. For Spanish 101 it said it had 1 remaining spot but when I registered for it it gave me a message about being added to a waiting list. Anybody have experience with this? When will I find out?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 10:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in

• Yes, it happens. More than one person was probably registering at the same time. You may not find out until the week classes start or the week after. It depends when the drop date is for people who don't pay their tuition for the semester is. Call the registration office and ask them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've had that happen. What I wound up having to do is just going to the class and hoping not everyone showed up. That happens a lot, with or without being put on a waitlist. The good thing in this case is that it sounds like you're right at the top of the list which usually means no problem at all getting into the course.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• my school's online reg. site let me sign up for a class that had been cancelled over a week prior, and failed to inform me until three weeks afterward, resulting in most of the classes I need being full when I logged on to replace the cancelled class. so much for priority registration.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• that sucks. our college had to cut back 20% of classes due to budget so it's hard enough to get classes as it is.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011