Ladies what can you tell me to make this happen?

I'd like 2 take our kids to go see my parents they live 10 hours away from where we live well my dh has told me we will go someday it has been a few years now my dad has been over recently this year and my mom she does not travel due to her health well I have asked him if I could drive he said no what if something happens along the way on a lonely road (I have a cell phone) but then again I would not want to take that chance besides 10 hours on the road is a long time :/ so I don't push it. So my next option would be fly it's only 1 hr. & 20 mins. (YES) ($550.00) roundtrip, but guess what he says...no if YOU want to go go ahead what if the plane goes down I'd be out with out a family if the kids go...I am like ha ha that is not funny and not fair. So now in my mind I am going to make a plan to go but how? Atleast for a week no biggie our kids have never been out of state they would love it and the airplane ride. We never have money for stuff like this all I know is I want us to go and that's that like go right before school start in August. I don't see what is the big deal...arg!!!
Where and how to come up with the money to purchase the tickets?

So ladies what can you tell me to make this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Travel

• i would be honest with him and say look i want to see my family and my parents have offered to pay for the tickets so me and the kids are going you can come if you wish , if not i love you and will see you when we get back PERIOD......keep one for ones family is a form of abuse......its isolating someone and its ilegal.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sell something and just make it happen.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would just start saving the money from your account.

It sounds like he is doing everything that he can to keep you from seeing your family. That would go over like a lead balloon with me. I don't ask permission to visit my family. I would tell him that on X day I am leaving to go visit them and he can go if he wants. if not, I will be back on X day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Could you have a yard sale or do some babysitting to get the money?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Do you have anything you would be willing to part with that you could sell to help? Or see if your parents' could help out some ? ..... How many kids and how old are you talking about? Your husband sounds less than compassionate and caring. If it were me, I would TELL him I am going - would drive, - it will be cheaper and you could make it fun-and if he doesn't find some understanding and support towards you, you might not be back......sounds like he has way too much power and control in this relationship.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would just drive.. straight through.. it's about 4 tanks of gas round cheap, so cheaper.. just pack up some snacks for the road and a cooler for lunch.. if you leave at 4 am, the kids are still asleep and will be for most of the trip.. you can pack yogurt and banana's for breakfast, and then stop for a quick picnic for lunch and pit stop.. it should only take until 5 pm to get there.. perfect time for dinner.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• these are all good answers and you should see family. can you take a train or bus? Might be less pricey?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would drive. What if something happens? You have a phone, and purchase AAA before you go.
    If he's being that stupid about it, then I guess he can't go anywhere either. He might get in an accident. I guess maybe you should all sit around the house in the dark, cause electricity causes fires. Turn the water off, too. Might have a flood.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My kids are 7 & 9 and my mom offered to pay but my dh would feel akward and say no thank you anyway he would probably say no :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Your DH doesn't want you to go even with help. If you need the help, take it. he wants you to stay put no matter what.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011