Was your Ultrasound right??

I am at 35 weeks and my ultrasound came back that i am having a boy..okay i know they say you cant tell by the heartbeat but my 2 boys i have both had slower heartbeats and this time its fast...Also this pregnancy has been alot different than the other two as far as how I feel and it moves like constantly...I cant even decide on a name cause I feel like its a girl. I only have a month left so i was wondering is it possible the ultrasound could be wrong?

nicole_1996

Asked by nicole_1996 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is possible for the ultrasound technician to get it wrong, but you can't base that on the fact that your pregnancy is different than others. All pregnancies are different, everyone had me convinced that I was having a girl because I was so big and carrying so low, well they were wrong....we now have a little girl. I would just pick a girl name and a boy name then no matter what you have a name....that's what we do before the we even know the sex.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... all three are boys... boys are not hard to tell, they have soemthing there, where as an ultrsound for a girl (and I clung to that hope with my Anthony, youngest) has nothing there
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have a son and thought it was going to be a girl until the ultrasound said a boy and it was very clear he was a boy. the ultrasounds can sometimes be wrong but thats rare especially being so far along. also my sister has 2 boys and both of her pregnancys were totally opposite. and my friend has 2 boys and even she said both of her pregnancys were nothing alike and her boys were totally opposite during it to. they say no pregnancy will ever be the same even for the same mother and father. i think ultrasounds are usually wrong when they think it could be a girl but its a boy i'm not sure they are wrong to often when they think its a boy and its a girl. the only advice i feel like i can give you is to have another ultrasound or find a place that does 3D. hope everything works out for you.
    sarah8910

Answer by sarah8910 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's possible, but unlikely that they would get it wrong this far along. Boy parts are pretty easy to identify in an ultrasound, lol. I was told at 20 weeks that it was a boy, and he was. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Thank you all for your answers..and i had 3D but only of the face...I guess I just want a girl soo bad that im having wishful thinking
    nicole_1996

Comment by nicole_1996 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• All of mine have been correct, and my pregnancies have been as different as night and day including heart rates.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Personally I wouldnt go by hearbeat. My ultrasound was right and I had a girl. But before I found out, I swore I was having a boy. There's always going to be that "what if" in the back of your mind. So, what I did was acknowledge that technology isnt perfect and chose a girl and a boy name and decided I would be thrilled either way:-)

Check out my Blog: FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Mine were both right. They were quite obvious at the ultrasound, even the girl. I had no doubts.

I think you can also tell a good bit by the tech's confidence. If they said "It's a boy!" with no hesitation, I wouldn't hold out much hope. If they felt the need to qualify that statement with something along the lines of "I'm almost sure," then there's a little wiggle room. If they had to take their time and sounded like they were still guessing, then I'd give it a 50-50 shot.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• my ultrasound was correct for both.

my first dd's heartrate was a bit faster and she sat pretty high..

my second dd's heart was slower and she sat really low.. in fact me and my doctor were betting she was a he until we had the ultrasounds done because she had all the other "classic symptoms" of a boy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes mam mine was right but when i asked the percentage of her being right it is a girl she said about 80% .....hope u have a happy healthy few more weeks mama!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011