Really bad pain in my ribs...

Okay so lately I've been having this unbearable pain in my ribs, so I asked my doctor what it was and he said it was pain from my ribs expanding to make room for the baby, and it will only get worse throughout the pregnancy.
My question is...
Did anyone else go through this? And if so, did you figure out anything to make the pain go away, or at least calm it down so it wasn't sooooo incredibley bad?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had it horribly. Then my son discovered he could KICK my ribs, or lodge a foot in them. What fun!! Try stretching when you can, and don't be afraid to add some counter pressure (push with your hand) if you find a foot lodged into your ribs! You may also find that they go numb every now and then, and that's normal, too. Welcome to the wonderful world of the third trimester! See why all these women are begging for ways to bring on labor?? =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• how far along are you?
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I went through it and I think most women do. It just may not be as bad to some as others. For me it was all about finding a comfortable position to lay down in, and taking deep breaths when the pain got really bad. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yep.. and I found that best thing to do was get a larger band size bra. Otherwise it just squeezes your ribs and make the stretching worse.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yup it was horrible. Mine started at exactly 20 weeks. It started as a little spasm and gradually got worse and worse until one doctor told me she thought my ribs were broken (they weren't). I eventually quit my job because it got so painful (between that and sciatica). I'm 36 weeks now and the only time it hurts lately is if she sticks her toes in my ribs or something.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2008