it doesn't feel like christmas

AT ALL!!

am i alone here, or does anyone agree with me?

i live in florida so of course it's still averaging like 75 degrees everyday, and we're surrounded by palm trees, which really doesn't help.
this year, is the first year i just really dont even want a christmas. ugh, this is so depressing. holiday blues, thanks.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Holidays

• *nodnod*

I'm much more interested in the birth of my daughter (I'm due on the 20th -.-) than I am in Christmas. I could care less about the holidays this year, really.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I'm right there with you on it not feeling like Christmas.

I'm also in FL, just moved from the mountains of NC in August. so I'm used to cold in December. I keep forgetting it's December LOL I've never been able to go shopping for Christmas presents in a short sleeved shirt without a coat!

it helped when I put up and decorated the tree though.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• our tree has been decorated for about a week, and i decorated the house last night. it still sucks :(
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Play Christmas music, make some cookies, and turn the a/c on! LOL
    Sorry - I've lived in FL and CA, and know that warmth doesn't make it feel very Christmas-y. Good luck!
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 10:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I feel this year just went by way too fast! It doesn't feel like Christmas should be here yet. We've put our tree up but no lights or our reindeer outside. I'm done my shopping and feel horrible since I spent way too much than I should have! Hopefully I'll get out of this Bah Humbug (sp) stage and get with it!
    Anonymous

• im in vancouver, canada..doesnt really feel like christmas here yet either..aside from all the decorations, and music and what not...suuure its like -5 right now..but theres no snow..whats christmas without snow!!!!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i think christmas just isn't what it used to be... baby's first christmas this year for us and part of me says "so"... he doesn't even know! we all have to try and make it special like grandma did so our children will feel how wonderful it is.. this year i went easy on everyone.. making fudge and chocolate covered pretzels and even a cake for someone. gets me into the effort of the gift, instead of maybe just another "thing" they have to find a place for.
    can't beat the smell of the christmas tree!!!!
    Anonymous

• last year i was 4 months pregnant so i wasnt in the Christmas spirit. and this year its all just going too fast! really, ever since i got married (may 07) Christmas hasnt been the same. for me, its the whole growing up thing. im just hoping that when my DD gets older Christmas will be fun again...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I lived in Fl 2 years and it did not feel like Christmas either, but they do not know any different there if they have not lived anywhere else. Go to some Christmas plays and do your thing the best you can. They put shells on their tree and have seafood!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 5:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2008