fevers n tylenol ????

I know fever's are a sign the body is doing what it was designed to do.
Most of the time when my kids 1 and almost 5 has a fever the frist thing I do is run for the tylenol or moltrin. As a mom all I want to do is make them feel better.So I guess I'm wondering should I continue or let them have the fever? At what point should I pull out my tylenol? I normally give it when the fever is around 101.1 .
And also As of now I give my 18month old infants which she weighs about 22-25 pounds but I ALWAYS HAVE CHILDREN'S TYLENOL ON HAND FOR MY SON SO WHAT WOULD BE THE APPROPRIATE DOSAGE FOR HER WHEN SHE'S TWO YEARS OLD?? I THINK IT'S ONE tsp.

Mybabies1N5

Asked by Mybabies1N5 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and the dose is 1 tsp according to the bottle for a 2 year old. I give it to him if he needs it after the amount of time between doses that it says on the bottle. You shouldn't let the fever get too high though.

As an aside, when my son was 5 weeks old he had a 102 fever and I took him to the hospital. He was admitted for 48 hours, but while we were there, the nurses said we could wet adult socks in cold water and tie them around his ankles to draw the fever toward his feet instead of his head and chest/torso area where there are super important organs. You could try that too if you don't want to give too much medicine.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• from my pediatrician's website. http://jaxpediatrics.com/Dosing_Charts.html It goes by weight, not age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Personally, I don't give my kids meds for a fever until it is at 100. A fever is your body's natural response to a pathogen, and it won't hurt to ride it out a little. On the flipside, it is okay to give your child meds if you feel it's necessary. I usually give 1/2 the recommended dose b/c I'm paranoid about drugs.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008