Is it a Bad Idea to Shop Online?

There are some swim suits and other clothes that I think are so freaking cute! I see them online, except I've never shopped online again. I know what size I am....is it a good or bad idea? What's your experience?

ImPhoenix

Asked by ImPhoenix at 10:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think it depends. If you've shopped there before, and they have a pretty liberal return policy, I say go for it. I shop on Oldnavy.com a lot, and other sites where I know the size is what I'm expecting. The most important thing to remember about shopping online is to check the return policy, and when it arrives, try it on right away, and return it right away if it doesn't fit the way you wanted.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 10:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've never gotten clothes but I have gotten a lot of other stuff and never had a problem.

Make sure you research the return policies.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've never had a problem. Check the store's sizing charts if they have them though. Some ( especially handmade or small businesses) can run a bit small or large.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 10:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• bad experiences with clothes online yep
    i have a diff body so maybe thats why
    jeans never fit me right
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've never had a problem. The only thing with clothes is if it doesn't fit, you have to send it back...so a little bit of a pain in the butt....
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I always shop online just make sure when you pay you go threw pay pal incase you don't get what you paid for you can get your money back. also make sure the place says they take returns incase it doesn't fit or insn't what you thought it would be.
    sarah8910

Answer by sarah8910 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When I lived overseas and my only choice was to buy clothes at the PX or spend lots of money on currency exchange, online shopping became my best friend. Make sure you know the return policy and you should be fine.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Familiarize yourself with their return policy, especially for clothes. If it doesn't fit, even after looking at whatever sizing charts are available, you want to know what you can do about it--return it by mail? if they have a physical store, can you take it back there instead of mailing it?

And make sure it's a reputable business. I wouldn't shop at just any website if I didn't know the name or couldn't find info on their policies and follow-through.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011