How can I meet new friends while being unemployed, and a mother of 2? I, like most woman put my family 1st and thats great, untill you get divorced and now have everyother weekend kid free and friend-less.

Most of the woman I see that have friends in my small town go to the bar together. And thats fin...but deff not me!! I've just never really liked it. And I am not interested in joining a church. Again, that may be GREAT for someother people but again, just not me. All in all I'm just interested to see if anyone else has this same issue? Or what you would suggest to find a friend. Thanks :)

oo7Darius

Asked by oo7Darius at 11:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you tried finding local woman on this site?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• CraigsList has a section to meet others of interest (just state not looking for sex), meetup.com, local yahoo groups... get a hobby and chat with other like minded people?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, I live in a small town in Ohio. And there wern't any groups tittled as the town I live in. I'm new to this site , is that how I would find out?
    oo7Darius

Comment by oo7Darius (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• go to the moms tab then moms search. You can place in how may miles from a certain zipcode and moms that are near you, pop up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Here are a couple of things you might look into, hopefully one or more of them will help and you can meet some people :-)

Look into joining Parents without Partners (a lot of their stuff involves them doing things with their kids, but you could meet other single parents and make friends to do stuff with when you are all kid free as well)

You could volunteer for a political office (either local, State, or National politician) - you can meet all sorts of people that way.

Volunteer for a homeless or animal shelter, at the library, hospital, with Scouts, or some other place that you might have some interest in, you could make friends with the other workers or volunteers.

Join a book club - a lot of libraries offer them for free.

Good luck - I hope something works out for you :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The library, volunteering, book clubs, join a class at the Y.........You have to get out there to make friends. And God would help. IMO
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011