I don't know what to do anymore?

My fiance just told me that he now wants to wait until 2010 to get married and it really hurts me because i was looking forward to getting married either at the end of tis year or the beginning of next year. He said its because of the military but i can't believe that he would put the military before us! What should i do? i feel so heartbroken and hurt and confused!!!

mama.amber

Asked by mama.amber at 8:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Why does he want to wait? You are parents and engaged to be married? Are you up in the air with plans or did you start planning already? I would let him know you want to stick to the original plan regardless of the military because being married is important to you. If he resists, you will need to figure out if it is worth waiting for or if it's time to give the ultimatim.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• One would think he'd want the security to provide for his family by being in the military where you could be housed and fed and medical needs taken care of. Men usually think logically while women think emotionally (most times). He's not thinking logically. I would certainly talk some more and get him to explain things to me. Maybe he's just not ready for the big commitment.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• What in particular about the military is keeping him from getting married sooner? My husband and I were both in the Navy and know how the military can interfere with your personal life. Just curious...if you want to talk send me a message. I'd be more than happy to listen and let you know about our experience.
    algolden05

Answer by algolden05 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You might have to give him an ultimatum. If you are good enough to have his child, you are certainly good enough to be his wife. Just let him know how you feel about it.
    SexiFala

Answer by SexiFala at 9:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• hmm something doesnt sound right here
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I AGREE WITH SEXYFALA GIVE HIM AN ULTIMATUM IF HE WANT TO BE WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE WHY IS HE WAITING SO LONG TALK TO HIM AND TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I read one of your other questions before so at this point i think you should go forward with your life. I think that he is only going to waste your time. He's still very immature and using the military as an excuse. No, the military would help you if you are married. Extra money for the family plus your child has some security as well. I think you should start saving and move on. You can work it out girl.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I don't think you should be considering When you get married but If! You need to be totally open and honest with other and discuss this issue until you understand each other completely.
    NettieMae

Answer by NettieMae at 1:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2008