My husband likes the name Shanti. Any opinions?

jessicahunt_21

Asked by jessicahunt_21 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's cool, different but cool :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I like it, the meaning of it is peaceful. Some other forms, meaning the same thing are:

Shantal, Chantae, Shannae, Shadai
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I do not like to too much
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I LOVE IT. My cousin's named Shanti too and all my life I was going to name my daughter that, still may if I have another. Its such a beautiful sound and means peace. my cuz is Shanti Dawn, mind you she was in the army so i'm not to sure how it worked on the peace part.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Sounds like a brand of wine I want to drink............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Shanti . . I"m guessing you mean "Shaw-nti" but the Shanti could be mistaken for rhyming with panty . . anyway, a shanti is like a little shack that people live in in very poor cities in like Jamaica and South American (Brazil) . . . just a little piece of info.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• it sounds to black like the black singer shanti, choose another one like chanelle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• "Shanti . . I"m guessing you mean "Shaw-nti" but the Shanti could be mistaken for rhyming with panty . . anyway, a shanti is like a little shack that people live in in very poor cities in like Jamaica and South American (Brazil) . . . just a little piece of info. "

No that would be a shanty -- with a Y, and by the way they exist in the US as well.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• "it sounds to black like the black singer shanti, choose another one like chanelle. "

YOU are joking right.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008