Is there a such thing as a faint neg?

Hey well Im 22 days late for my period.. I took a pt last sat and it came back a very faint neg. It has been 53 days since my last period.. I have back pain and some stomach cramps, and i feel like imma puke.. Has anybody else had a faint neg and be pregnant? Please help.. This will be my first if i am so im super nervous!! Thanks!!

Grace91

Asked by Grace91 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no such thing as a faint neg
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It IS possible to have a false negative on your test. It doesn't matter how strong the lines are, if the test says you are pg (faint or not, there's no "sort of" pg or "sort of" not pg - you're either pg or you aren't). BUT - if it says you are NOT pg, the test could be wrong.

The way a pg test works is it tests the urine for a specific enzyme that the body only produces when you're pg. This enzyme builds up in your body and comes out in your urine. If it detects even the faintest trace of it, you're pg. But sometimes there might not be enough of it in your urine built up for the test to detect it (this is one of the reasons they say to use your first pee in the morning to check). This could be caused by any number of "normal" and "ok" things.

I would suggest maybe getting another test (maybe try a different brand) and testing again, or going in to the Dr and getting a blood test.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• cont

The good thing about going to your Dr and getting a blood test is that you will be able to know for sure if you are pg, and if not, then he or she can talk to you about what else could be going on and causing these things.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2011