What do you do when you started getting bored in your marriage?

sonnyswoman75

Asked by sonnyswoman75 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• well, it took me to realize grass was not greener to realize what I had..
    I would rather be bored than drama filled with BS. It passes and love over powers eventually
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• BORED???? I just can't imagine why anyone would be bored in a marriage! There are so many things happening in a marriage on a daily basis...wow....its never boring.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Marriage has ups and downs. you have to go down to go up. Nothing is ever perfect. I think bored is not a good word to use. You need to figure out a way to spice it up.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• bored is a great word & it does happen... someone told me this, to bring 2 people back together that have grown apart thru the years that love eachother dearly but are kind of living their own lives, they have too think back to why they started dating & why they fell in ove in the 1st place... start making romatic date night, maybe do role playing & act like your sneaking around, go to a hotel for the night & tunr off all electronics, only you & him... bring the lust back & be spontaneous ! after years & bills & kids... 2 ppl who once loved eachother may forget why their together or get bored & get too caught up in life, do the same things that brought the 2 of you together in the 1st palce, whatever made you fall madly in love :) good luck !
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 12:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You need to ask yourself why you are getting bored. Marriage isn't meant to be this great land of awesomeness. It takes a LOT of very hard work to keep it going. What exactly are you bored with? Are you stuck in a routine where every day feels the same? Lots of people feel like that sometimes. You just have to find a new way to approach it. Mix it up a little. Do something different. Instead of staying home every night, try having a date night. Get dressed up - wear a new outfit if you can - have him pick you up - and it will feel like it did when you were still dating. Marriage is not always puppy dogs and lollipops and roses. It's poopy and sticky and thorny, too.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think you need to differentiate what exactly makes you bored before taking any action. Is it the relationship? The husband? Just not doing much together? Sex life boring? Marriage isn't supposed to be a fairytale romance all the time but in order to enjoy it, both sides need to make an effort to address what each person wants out of it. Traveling to different places with your husband can spark conversations and experiences that will bring you closer to each other. You have to be active to have those experiences. Make a wine tasting trip locally, take a cruise together, join a hobby group together, pick up a new hobby. If it's hard to get him to go out, find out why. He might be depressed or stressed and not realize it. Make sure you've assessed the correct problem before trying to address it. I've seen stories of women trying to fix the wrong part.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011