Blood pressure meds...

So Now that i am 30weeks and My BP meds have been great.....My blood pressure is SLOWLY but surely Going up again....i took my last pill for the day ( 4 proponolol 10mg a day) and it was 145/92 ....which is high (but i have seen it higher) usually on the meds it runs 130/80 or lower. Each time they Up the dose my bp drops to low .....Well my question is to u mamas that have knowledge or who have been here....Did it just not matter the amount of meds u are on the farther along u get.....I have had Protien in my urine since week 18 but they SWORE that pre-e doesnt happen before 24weeks its just not possible.....so.....I said ok...and dealt with High BP until 24weeks...when they decided to put me on proponolol...magnisium and riboflavin......Ok im ramblin agian....So is it normal for my BP to rise the farther along I get (as i asked before) ........((I KNOW THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE IS call my doctor ask etc.....but maybe this isnt an issue for my doctor and would just like other mothers advice lol i have an appointment next week neway just waitin for it))))

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 11:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I can only assume its like when I had gestational diabetes, your hormones constantly change so your numbers will also,l I would check with the Dr to make sure all is goood.l Good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I had pre-E that turned into eclampsia while I was in labor. I had protein in my urine for months, and was also on the same BP meds you are. It did seem that the further along I got, the harder it was to manage the pre-e with meds. I was on bedrest my last trimester, and that didnt help anything either. I really dont think there is anything we as mommas can do once we are so far along with this condition other than to take care of ourselves the best we can, and hang on for the ride. *hugs*
    barefootwinters

Answer by barefootwinters at 11:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Thanks girls.....atleast i have some outlook on it now!! mwwaahss to both of ya!!
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• well i nvr got put on meds but i did have high bp too and was enduced by 38weeks..do they know whats causeing your bp to be high? is it cuz of all the weight gain?? stress or do they not no? my suggestion is mayb going on americanpregancy.org they have alot of good info ..also mayb trying to cut out salt and whole wheat grains out of your diet for awhile mayb that will help keep it lower and try to reduce stress//gl and talk to your doc
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sadly I have only gained 3lbs durring my pregnancy ....I eat healthy dont use salts in my food.....they think the BP may be a condition I had before pregnancy but cant Say that for sure until I have baby girl. I am on a glueten free diet because of digestive issues....girl ur guess is as good as thiers i think lol.
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You REALLY NEED to tell your doctor your numbers are going up. Preeclampsia is not something to be taken lightly, and you are far enough along now it is potentially a big risk. Your OB may want to change your medication or give you some other guidance.

Be sure to record your numbers. If you have a machine at home, take it at different times of the day since it can vary. Write it all down along with the doses you are taking. The more info you can provide, the better.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am on a strict "Recoring sched" lol....I have to take BP every 2hours.....record it, meds every 4hours till my last dose......!! OO and believe me I do know that Pre-E is nothing to take lightly, I had it with my son and had him at 37weeks....which i know hightens my chances on developing again. Will deff call my OB .....
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am more used to prevention/midwifery care, and working to avoid complications naturally.
    Not familiar with meds, but the Brewer Diet is very successful to prevent pre-e. Have you tried this?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• A study conducted at Harvard University found that by eating at least 75 grams of protein per day, pregnant women could prevent diseases of pregnancy such as preeclampsia (metabolic toxemia of late pregnancy).
    During pregnancy a woman's blood volume increases as much as 40 to 60 percent, and in order to reach this necessary level and maintain it, a woman's body needs adequate protein, salt, calcium, potassium and water from her diet.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011