I have been going to a chruch for over a year and I wa stold today that one of the women in the chruch think that I want her husband should I leave thye chruch?

There's a older man that goes tothe same chruch as me and I have been helping him with getting medicine because he and his family cannot afford his medicine. He only calls me when he needs help with getting hte medicine. I am a very giving and friendly person and I love people. But I refuse to be accused of this man. My husband rarely go to chruch with me but everyone knows that he exists and that I am married and have been for 6 1/2 years. I need help because I am about to make a huge decision......

laticiafg

Asked by laticiafg at 11:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would talk to the Pastor about it, but I would not leave the church over this. Keep in mind that there are going to be nuts everywhere, and that includes in church. Just because someone goes to church (of any faith) doesn't mean that they are a good person, or that they don't have issues - maybe hers is jealousy, or she could have mental problems, or any number of things.

Also, maybe this is an attempt by Satan to get you to stop going to church - to make you be uncomfortable, so you stop going? I would avoid the woman, possibly not assist so much (yes I believe you were doing it to be nice, but if it's going to cause a problem with you, and in in their marriage, then let them figure out how to get his meds, or tell the Pastor how you were helping and let the church handle it), and I would talk to the Pastor about it.

But I would not let the actions of one person drive me from my church.

good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No I wouldn't leave the church. I'd talk to the pastor and get someone else to help the man get what he needs.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Ignore the wagging tongues
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Wow! Great church! I would probably find a new church!
    staynhomewith2

Answer by staynhomewith2 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You don't need to leave anywhere, you are there for God, not to pick up men.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You shouldn't make major decisions based on rumors. Talk to the wife, directly, about what's been said and how it makes you feel. If there's truth to it she should feel guilty enough to stop, and if there's no truth to it, it will clear the air.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• There is people like that no matter where you go.. Don't question your faith because women can't mind there own business and always have to butt in.. GL
    Anonymous

• and make something out of nothing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't leave. I would talk to the pastor. I would tell him that I had been helping Brother Jones (or whatever his name is) get his meds when he needed them, but due to rumors, you would like him to help you find someone else trustworthy in the church to help Bro. Jones because the rumors are not worth ruining yours or his marriages over.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011