Feeling frustrated...more of a vent

we went from being 2 months ahead in rent to being 2 months behind...wth? my husband handles all the bills and when i ask every month is the rent sent out he said yes. im trying to figure where those 4 months of rent went to. dh said other bills but our other bills havent changed in the 4 years we been here, the only one that varies is the electric but its usually a $20 difference. he is tryin to put the blame on me when i have zero access to the bank account, if i need money he will go and get it out of the atm for me. if the 2 months rent isnt paid by the 1st we get kicked out we have no place to go. my dh says dont worry about he will take care of it, but how can i trust him he didnt take care of it the past 4 months. we been here almost 4 years and never been behind on rent before.
any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to find out where the money has been going to. Maybe you don't have access to the actual account, but I am sure he has account statements SOMEWHERE in your house. You need to get them and scrutinize them carefully to see where the money has gone. It has to have gone SOMEWHERE. Money just does not disappear....Good luck with this I wish you the best. Keep us updated and let us know what you find out if anything. Hugs for you and the kids as you're putting up with this.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would have him write down exactly where all the money went cuz something is not adding up right.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Your husband is an asshole. His money is your money. This is 2011, time for him to grow the hell up!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Will he let you look at the check copy to confirm he wrote the check at least? And why does he not want you on the account? If you're married you're supposed to be a team and everything should be joint. He's treating you like you're a child and you shouldn't have to put up with that. If he can't trust you then he shouldn't be with you.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would raise hell for not have access to the money first off. Second he needs to account for the money. 4 months of rent is a lot of money and now your gonna get kicked out. He's being stupid.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• he doesnt use checks he uses the debit card to pay for everything. he says he is the one working so his money is none of my business, thats according to him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• And debit card use is DEFINITELY accounted for on the statements!! It will tell you the date, time, and location of where he either withdrew money, or spent it. My bank statements always have lots of details on them....as I assume so does every other bank statement. Get ahold of these and see what you find.
    And I agree. He is being an asshole.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011