I am a stay at home mom and absolutely hate cleaning.

i grew up in a family that didnt clean (boarder line hoarders) so i feel like it is in my blood. Now even though Im know where near as bad as my family I still hate to clean. My cleaning seems to be more of a straightening up. My home is NEVER nasty meaning never garbage strung all over the place. Like I said I straighten up but i definitely dont do the full on mop the floors, clean the toilets, dust etc. everyday. its more like every two weeks. Am I alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I vacuum and pick up a lot but I don 't do a deep clean each week. I keep the kitchen more or less clean. I find my kids do better if the house isn't totally chaotic and messy and they play with their toys if their play room is picked up. If it's not, they are less apt to play there. Odd...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i hate cleaning to, i keep it tidy but not clean. i don't scrub the toilets or anything like that till i need to or feel like i should. mines mostly the small things that require chemicals and scrubbing. i do everything else everyday like dishes and picking up and putting things away.
    sarah8910

Answer by sarah8910 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh no, honey. That's about how often I do that stuff. Whether I'm working or SAH (I've done both), that's about how often I do that kind of cleaning. My kitchen is usually very clean, and I spend a lot of time cooking, so that and spending time with my family are more important than dusting knick knacks. I do try to scrub the toilet at least every couple weeks, now more like once a week since we moved to a house that's on well water, so it gets gross faster. I rarely mop, but I sweep and clean up messes as I go.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Never met a person who actually likes it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• same here lol
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i really wish i liked cleaning. my house is 3300 sq ft and my husband and kids act like it is only my job to clean. it gets so stressful. i want a very clean house but its like as soon as i clean up they are messing up. it already sucks to clean and then they just go right behind me and mess up again. i guess thats life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I hate cleaning!!!! If I had to clean after just myself and my baby it would be ok, but my SO is the dirtiest, most untidy person ever!!!! Drives me looney! You can remind him a million times and he never does it or you can just neglect it to see if he ever gets around to it. Nope! Never does!

Solution: He hired a maid to deep clean weekly! Score!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• 3300 sq ft ???? WOW!! That's like 2 1/5 of our 3 bedroom ranch. You can probably afford to pay someone to do it then huh!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yep 3300. downstairs is kitchen, laundry room, livingroom, formal dining, half bath, master bedroom and bath. upstairs is 3 bedrooms, gameroom, another living room and a full bathroom. :( a total bummer trying to clean
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• OH ME TOO! I hate cleaning too but I do pick up daily and my kitchen stays the cleaniest but I do a deep clean once to twice a month...i HATE cleaning! Oh well.....
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2011