• In the Spotlight:

Who knows about housing down payment grants?

Hi my husband and I are first time home buyers his credit score is 717 and we make about 45,000 a year. Does anyone know about down payment grants? PLEASE help. We found a home we want to buy but need to come up with 3% or 3000 down payment We live in bakersfield California.

dramaqueen4fun

Asked by dramaqueen4fun at 10:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go see someone that does loans...they will help you. They like a low debt to income ratio, meaning you don't have craploads of bills. You also have to fall within income guidelines, don't know if 45K is too much or not...it's been awhile since I researched this. But if you're making 45K why can't you just save up the 3K? That's really not that much!
    Anonymous

• 10:48 pm, $45K is not that much money, if you consider it is Bakersfield, California.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2008