Know of any stretches or safe drugs lol?

Okay 34 weeks here in alot of pain! The usual pregnancy complaints my back has had enough and now I cant even sit up without my rib cage and back hurting at the same time. I have no one who will give me a decent back massage. So does anyone know of any good stretches that help or any safe prescription drug I can talk to my dr about? I really cant handle this anymore.. Thanks for any helpful advice!

Destins_Mommy

Asked by Destins_Mommy at 12:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you ever taken yoga? Try cat/cow and child's pose. Do you have any access to water? That might feel good. Also, some physical therapy might help! Hang in there (:
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Awe! I'm sorry! I still remember that pain!

Acetaminophen is the safest over the counter drug. When I had pain I would do some side stretches, twists and small bends.
    So, lift your right arm and tilt left slowly as far as you feel is comfortable, other side. I would twist left then right slowly. Then small bends forward and back. I liked stand in a doorway and hold on to the panels for additional stretching in the chest and arms.

Also, when you sleep make sure you have pillows in between your legs and depending on where your baby belly is placed, you can put a tiny pillow under the side arch closest to the bed. The goal is to straighten out your spine.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011