My first born is starting prek :(

Does it make me a bad mom or just really wiered that school doesnt start till August & Im already flipping out about my first born, my one & only babyboy starting prek? Honestly I really dont want him to go. When I think about it I bust into tears. I know that its going to be a good thing for him, because he wants to go play with other kids. But Im really not ready to let go. The years have flowen by way to fast & I just dont want to let go right now, not yet. Really I was praying that the school wouldnt take him bc we make to much money but since the school district is so small they actually need more kids. Im just really feeling depressed about it right now....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Aww, think about how good it'll be for him. Focus on that aspect, and don't worry as much about your separation anxiety. I'm excited for DS to get started in preschool in the fall! I know he'll have so much fun!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You will be okay. My DH just graduated from PreK and will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. I am a nervous wreck, but she loved school. She was excited to go everyday. She made new friends and learned a lot. I believe it added to our relationship because now at the dinner table we talked about how school was, we worked on crafts that she learned at school, etc. Good luck
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2011