Did I choose the wrong gift???

I'm starting to think I fu@#ed up lol...My mom had offered to buy me a new carseat/stroller combo a while back and because my friend had given me both things & they are still in great condition I said no. Well now she has offered to buy me a glider & I said yes. But thinking about it I wanna change my mind but it's too late. The glider has been paid for & will be shipped soon. I want the new carseat/stroller combo because the one I got is blue and I'm having a girl plus I would just rather have a new carseat. I feel like an idiot!!!! =(

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are referring to the chair glider to use so you can rock your baby to sleep and sit down? I would so keep that gift!!! I didn't get mine until 3 months after she was born and I dont know what I was thinking, but I also had a cesarean so Im sure that makes a difference.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Alboston has a point. I found this info for you:

Do not buy a used car seat unless you can verify the age and crash history of the seat, and can use the model number to verify that the seat is not under recall. You must also determine whether used car seats still have all of the original parts needed for safety.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• sinceits your mom im sure she wont mind if you go an exchange the glider for what you really want. And even though the car seat is in good condition it is always recommended to buy a new car seat for safety reasons.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 12:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• just mention it to your mom that its blue and that you changed your mind and i'm sure she would be fine with returning it and exchanging it for what you want. its her grandkid after all.
    sarah8910

Answer by sarah8910 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• A glider is sooo much better! Those carseat/carrier/stroller combos are not nearly as great as you think they are. A much better option is a car seat/carrier and a Snap N Go stroller. They are much more verstaile and lightweight and you will use it much more often and much longer.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=snap+n+go+stroller&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2051515556960809197&sa=X&ei=UjELTuCXIMXa0QH2gbWBAQ&ved=0CG4Q8wIwAg
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 10:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2011