How do you fight depression when ur 5 months pregnant wit ur 2nd baby by the same man and he leaves you for another woman and you get evicted from your apartment because he also quit his job and the 2 of you have dated for nearly a decade.

MellyMaddyJacks

Asked by MellyMaddyJacks at 12:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• WTF?!?!? Seriously?

Im am so sorry you are going through that right now! Do you have family or friends you can move in with asap until you can plan your next move?
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Wow. I know this is going to be very hard for you. I think you have to pay and hold on to faith. Also do you have any friends or family that you can assk for help until you find out your next move? When I was pregnant I was very depressed as well. I cried so much and i just felt worthless but I prayed and asked god for guidance. I also had to go to talk to somebody because holding so much in was stressing me and I am sure you do not need that if your pregnant. That is a lot for your baby. Plus you want your baby to be healthy. I will keep you in my prayer dear
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• That is a dick thing to do!!!!!
    Gingerwheel

• you dont fight it you talk about it..... and first you need to contact your local food stamp office they can help you get on housing and food stamps and you take that low life piece of trash to court and make him pay...... the state will pay the child support but he will go jail till he pays it back... also get on a medical card for yourself and your other child.... rely on family and friends for the extra emotional support.... good luck and i wish you the best.. remember hunni get even dont get mad or hurt....
    corkyj0709

Answer by corkyj0709 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• When my oldest was 15 months old and I was 5 months pregnant, their dad took off. I ended up on the streets for 2 weeks with a kid and then into a homeless shelter. Thinking about that time seems unreal now. My best advice is to take each day as it comes, trust yourself to make wise decisions, enjoy your children even if you don't have a pot to piss in, know that there are resources in your area to help you. Look at the united way website or call 211 to get listings of helpful organizations.
    Since all this happened to me; I've become a nurse, support my children, off of welfare and am hopefully closing on my first new home this week.
    34andcounting

Answer by 34andcounting at 1:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He's a douchebag loser, that's clear. My advice is to focus on yourself. Yes, this is a very hard time but it could be worse, so be glad that it isn't. Can you move in with family or some friends? If not, you may also look into live-in nanny jobs where you get a free room to share in a house as long as you help them care for their kids. Seek help from a church or civic group. Meetup.com has some groups for single moms, survivors and relationship/divorce support groups. Your plan should be to 1) find housing 2) find a job 3) build up your support system. Think of this as a blessing in disguise. Be glad he left and that you're not stuck w/this loser. It will take time but you will eventually regain your life back and in doing so, you will gain confidence and independence. See this as a challenge and take 1 day at a time. Check out some self-help books. They *really* help when you feel like u cant talk to anyone.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Also, find at least one fun/relaxing thing to do each day. Take a walk in a park. Take your kids out to a playground and watch them play. Distract yourself with window shopping. You need to keep yourself surrounded by positive things and people and try not to be alone if you can. When you're alone, your mind wanders to those depressing thoughts and it's hard to get out of that cycle. Focus on you and your kids and let karma do its work. Trust me, he will get his back tenfold. Don't watch sad/love movies/shows or even sad music. Only positive things. Indulge in a bit of chocolate or a dessert once in a while that will keep your happy chemicals up. Laughter is really good medicine. Hang out with friends that make u laugh and keep yourself busy. This is hard but you are strong enough to get through it. You wouldn't be facing this if God didn't think you could handle it.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Depression, talk to your doctor for medication during and after the birth. You may need medication to get past this.
    Get mad. Use that to pick yourself up and act. Do what you need to do for your family.
    Believe. You are worthwhile and loveable. You deserve to be treated with respect. You are beautiful.
    Act. Set goals. Plan for your happy future. Make lists. Follow your plans, follow your dreams.
    Get happy. Live, Laugh, Love. Laugh everyday. Try it out. Count your blessings. Smile.

You are strong. You can do this. You are woman. You are mother.
    HUGS
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2011