How can anyone take her seriously??? Top 10 Craziest Michele Bachmann Quotes of All Time

1. "I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president, April 28, 2009

2. “How unique in all of the world, that one nation that was the resting point from people groups all across the world. It didn’t matter the color of their skin, it didn’t matter their language, it didn’t matter their economic status. Once you got here, we were all the same. Isn’t that remarkable?”

3. "Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

4. "Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too" -Rep. Michele Bachmann, getting her John Waynes mixed up during an interview after launching her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, where she grew up. The beloved movie star John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa, three hours away. The John Wayne that Waterloo was home to is John Wayne Gacy, a notorious serial killer. (June 2011)

5. "I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?" -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, calling for a new McCarthyism, Oct. 2008

6. "Take this into consideration. If we look at American history, between 1942 and 1947, the data that was collected by the Census Bureau was handed over to the FBI and other organizations at the request of President Roosevelt, and that's how the Japanese were rounded up and put into the internment camps. I'm not saying that that's what the Administration is planning to do, but I am saying that private personal information that was given to the Census Bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up, in a violation of their constitutional rights, and put the Japanese in internment camps." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, June 2009

7. "If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level." Michele Bachmann, Jan. 2005

8. "During the last 100 days we have seen an orgy. It would make any local smorgasbord embarrassed … The government spent its wad by April 26." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, accusing the Obama administration of premature fiscal ejaculation, May 2009

9. "That's why people need to continue to go to the town halls, continue to melt the phone lines of their liberal members of Congress, and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body and my health care decisions." -Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), a pro-lifer who completely missed the irony of using the same slogan as the pro-choice movement in arguing against health care reform

10. "Does that mean that someone's 13-year-old daughter could walk into a sex clinic, have a pregnancy test done, be taken away to the local Planned Parenthood abortion clinic, have their abortion, be back and go home on the school bus? That night, mom and dad are never the wiser." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on health care reform's potential to dupe parents, October 2009

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They all say stupid stuff I could list many things Obama and Biden have said but I am not that petty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Maybe we should all go Anon. just for the hell of it, huh?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Wow she sounds like an idiot! Bless her heart lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Funny.
    34andcounting

Answer by 34andcounting at 1:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• well...she isnt the only politician who speaks before they think. i guess when your speeches are written for you it can get pretty dangerous to speak for yourself. (thats a hit on all politicians not just Bachmann).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

I'm sorry but just to be sure I just googled "dumb Obama quotes" and read about 50 and yes he has made some mistakes but, she is wrong ALL the freaking time about US history.....Do you really want someone that couldn't pass 5th grade US history to be your president.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• How can anyone take her seriously?

Could ask the same about Obama, his policies, and our Vice President Hide'n Biden.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's true...all politicians slip up & make themselves look stupid from time to time.

BUT, Michelle WON'T be getting my vote....she is definitely less smart than some other candidates...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• . "I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?" -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, calling for a new McCarthyism, Oct. 2008

I do too.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011