What?!?!?! he claims he never talks about our relationship to his friends, BUT right in front of me...

he is talking to his BEST friend about us?!?! he knows i'm in the same room, we were both doing work on our lap tops when his best friend called. just the other day he said he never talks about us to his friends and here he is gabbing away about our relationship, i'm stunned haha.

i don't know what to do when he gets off the phone, do i say anything or pretend i don't care? this is his one closest guy friend, probably the only one he does talk to about me- but i'm still a little concerned how openly he was discussing us, and right in front of me. plus he told this friend something i had told him in confidence (about our mutual friend's having relationship issues) so i do want to bring that up...

guess this is more of just stating something than asking a question- but actually do i say something or pretend i wasn't listening?! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Other than asking him not to repeat things you tell him in confidence, I wouldn't worry about him talking to his best bud about your relationship - I think it's pretty healthy actually.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 2:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yeah but how many of us discuss our relationships with our best girl friends..... so i wouldnt be mad at least its a guy he is really close to.... but i would however tell him i told you that thing about my friend and i kinda dont want you telling other ppl.... but other than that i would leave it alone
    corkyj0709

Answer by corkyj0709 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would be upset about him not keeping something personal to himself that you asked him to. Have you spoken to him about this? If not you should sit down and have a discussion with him. He can't correct his behavior if he doesn't know he is doing anything wrong.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He broke your trust. I totally know what you're going through. Guys just don't get it when they go around blabbing your personal stuff to their friends or getting advice from friends from whom he shouldn't be getting advice from. It's like how a guy gets relationship advice from a friend who can't keep a relationship. Not very smart. Or a guy that gets relationship advice from a female friend that is secretly jealous of the 2 of you and wants to break u up. Also not very smart. You need to re-emphasize to him that what goes on in the relationship should stay between you and him only. Tell him that if he can't trust you enough to come to you when an issue arises then the relationship isn't as strong as u thought. Set your boundaries. Let him know that if you find out that he's sharing personal info again then you have no choice but to not trust him and break up. Then, keep your word or he'll just learn that all u do is bluff
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Talk to him.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• so i did talk to him, he said that he does never talk about us to his friends- but this one is his best friend and shared a bunch of stuff about him and his gf (for the first time) so my SO felt comfortable talking and said that he figured i'd rather him do it right in front of me than him tell me about it later and me wonder what he said...which is a good point lol. also he apologized and said the thing i'd told him not to say anything about, he totally forgot. so it's all good, thanks for the advice!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011