Help!...My 3 year old wants a purple streak in her hair...her cousin has one so she does too...what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think its really up to you. I remember they used to make this paint stuff that wore off after a couple days that we used to put in our hair as kids, but we were 10 years old and not 3. It could be a fun thing for you two to do together?
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's fun, it's summer, I would let her do it. There's plenty of colored gels that wash out, you could also use a semi-permanent hair color that washes out a little at a time, you could use kool-aid, or even a marker depending on how dark her hair is.

Or you could forget all that and just get her a colored clip-in.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Don't use any color! Just go to a salon and have them put one fusion extension in! It won't cost that much, and it's better than coloring her hair so young!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• mine (3 too) wanted red in her hair and cut short like me...I cut it short but wouldnt color it, unless of course it was the spray color that washed right out
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• they have that holloween costume colored hair spray at party city, it comes off whenever you give her a bath ! * i say do it, it won't hurt anyone & she'll feel so grown up, just like her big cousin... very cute ! :)
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 1:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you want her to be a follower then be my guest. Personally I think 3 is too young and what if that is not good enough for her? She sees another little with something else and it goes on and on. 3 year olds are not suppose to feel grown up. They are suppose to act 3!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Buy her a clip on extension! No harm done!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You can buy a clip with the color at Claires or Glitter or you can go to Great Clips and buy the 99 cent packets of colored hair gel. :o) You don't want to dye her hair so little, but there are a lot of other options! I think Walgreens might still sell the color hair mascaras as well! My daughter was the same way, and I would just take her into Glitter and buy the clips for a dollar and she would be happy!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would either buy and extension or get some of the dye that washes out right away that way she can feel special and not be always purple lol.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't see no harm in it; so long as it's a hair clip or something that washes out in the next shampoo. She adores her cousin and wants to be "cool" like her. nothing wrong with that. it's not like she wants he belly button pierced lol!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 3:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2011