Am I the only one!

Ok so my DS has been fussy so he had his 2mth check up the 22nd, i told his pediatrician wts been going on how he crys/screams when he eats his bottle i figured it was either colic or acid reflux bc he kept spitting up his formula alot..Well it was acid reflux & they put him on zantac then on top of that my poor little man has eczema & cradle cap (which smell eww) does anyone else have this problem with their babys?

Chelhaidax

Asked by Chelhaidax at 1:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby had colic and bad acid reflux. She also has cradle cap that is slowly going away. I followed the "Happiest Baby on The Block System" for her colic and she started sleeping instantly and became very cheery. Seriously it was overnight! As for her acid reflux we discovered that she was overeating. She would successfully eat from the breast for a few minutes and after a while start crying really badly. It meant she wanted the comfort of sucking on my nipple but she was full, so hello pacifier!!!! We would also put her in several positions until she burped to release gas. At first we would lay her down after feeding because she would fall asleep and we so should not have done that! Bad new parents! So we woke her up to burp then put her back to sleep.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my nephew had colic and eczema..... and now he has acid reflux... it happens she relied on me and our mother and we got her and jax thru it... you need a support system family and friends help.... you just have to pull yourself up by your boot straps and deal with it sweety thats what makes us mothers... good luck
    corkyj0709

Answer by corkyj0709 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I had 2 (out of 3) with acid reflux. The main, but not only culprit, was dairy. Once I cut it out of my diet they suffered far less. They were still bad enough to be medicated through their first year. I found that zantac was just mint flavored vodka and didn't help a lot. It is extremely weight sensitive, so if baby grows a lot an increase might be needed (and docs tend to give the lowest dosage for baby's weight.)

If you feel that baby is not improving don't hesitate for a referral to a pediatric gastroenterologist. Ours saved my sanity and really helped my youngest.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh also! Babies go through a growth spurt at 6-8 weeks old so they tend to be very fussy at that time
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• well my babies didnt have that much at once. but they both had horrible cradle crap, and to get rid of that i put olive oil on their head and let it sit for a couple of minutes then i got a bristle one brush. one of those with hard bristols, and gently scraped it off. it was hard because well there babies and they dont sit still for long, but it works slowly but surely.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 1:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My son had acid reflux and cradle cap as well. Eliminating dairy does help. I use to rub baby oil om my sons head and use a toothbrush to get rid of the cradle cap. I would massage the baby oil in and then move the toothbrush around in circles to break up the cradle cap.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 3:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My daughter had horrible acid reflux and let me tell you that the zantac turned her into a completely different baby! It was like night and day, then as she got older we slowly started giving her less and less of it, now she is almost 9 months old and the acid reflux has completely resolved itself! My daughter also has eczema, but we have yet to get anything for it. She has really bad right behind her ears so I just make sure to lotion it very well to keep it from getting too bad.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• thanks ladies!
    Chelhaidax

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2011