How can an ex move on so quickly?

I break up with my ex fiance now bc I found out he cheated on me a year ago and now he is already talking to a new girl. I don't get it! We've been together for 4 years and have a one yr old together. How can he do that not only to me but to US.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• He's cheated on you, so he lost that special feeling for the two of you long ago.
    I'm sorry, I know it hurts. If he's like my ex he just can't be alone.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• sounds like a self absorbed jerk and he prob cheated because hes insecure so it wont matter if its years or days he prob needs to be with someone to feel good bout himself he dosent deserve you or your child untill he grows up
    starlia34

Answer by starlia34 at 2:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He didn't have feelings for you for awhile now! Sorry to say. I had a similar experience with an ex.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Cause he didn't give a shit in the first place! I suggest you move on too!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Guys SUCK. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, honey. The best thing I can tell you is that even though it hurts, it will not always hurt so much. I promise you that one day you will wake up and it won't hurt so much anymore. The best thing you can do is focus on yourself and your baby, and keep yourselves busy so you won't be thinking of him all the time. Find a new hobby, go out with your friends, anything it takes to stay busy and occupied.
    Haha, my current bf has said to me that he thinks that if we ever split, that it wouldn't even take me a month and I would have somebody new. He is super dumb for saying that. I told him it's so nice to know you think so much of me. Yeah, that was the last time he ever said that to me.
    And if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me. I'll be there for you to vent to. :D
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• All guys (and even some girls) try to move on quick because 1) they know it will upset you, 2) it's the only way for them to get you out of their mind, and 3) they can't go for long without sex and don't like to be alone. You guys broke up for a reason, no matter who actually did the breaking up. He's obviously not a good match for you. Don't waste time on what he does. Focus on what YOU need to do. You could be meeting someone super great but instead you're wasting time on this loser. Once you focus on your life, you will find that it will attract the right person...someone who's interested in YOU not in hurting you. My happiest times were when I was single. Get out and have fun with friends. You don't need anyone. You get to choose who you want to be with, don't forget.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• This is either him NOT caring, as he cheated and kinda already moved on before you finished, or he's trying to hook up with someone quickly so he CAN move on and forget you more quickly, he's doing it to hurt you. Either way, he cheated, you can do way better than that scum bag!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He slept with another girl while you were together - that should tell you he wouldn't have any problem movng on.

You're better off without him, so stop trying to understand what goes on in his head.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Agree with first response. Sometimes one party is already emotionally removed in the relationship even before it officially ends. In my case, I fought long and hard with the things going on with my ex-husband and after over a year of wrestling it all and getting nowhere, I decided to divorce him. I knew I didn't love him anymore and I lost some respect for him because of how overbearing and miserable he was to us and how vindictive he is.

I moved on before he did, but it was because I had already moved on in my head when I decided to file for divorce. I knew it was over and there was no going back for me.

Sorry this happened to you. He may not be trying to hurt you at all. He just may be ready to move on OR he could be insecure and NEEDS to have someone with him. Don't get upset about what he's doing. Living well is the best revenge. Show him you could care LESS what he's doing and do your own thing.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• He either wasn't that into you in the first place or he got over you a long while before you broke up and even before he cheated. Sometimes it's hard to think that our SO's got over us long before finding out they had cheated, who wants to think that. If he's gone on to date or play around chances are he has been over your relationship long ago. To you it may be in the now and that's why you may not understand, but to him it was months ago and the reason why it seems like it was so easy for him to move on to the next. All in all he just may still be immature and isn't ready to settle down, he wants to still play around.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 3:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011