how many days do i have to wait in till i breastfeet my son if i have a drink?

dalis

Asked by dalis at 10:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just as long as it takes for the alcohol to leave your system, which is a few hours for 1 drink. Don't go overboard, and you'll be ok. It's recommended that if you do choose to drink, to drink right after nursing.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I breastfeet my baby too. We love breastfeeting.
    Anonymous

• Really I've never heard of breastfeeting. Tell me how so I can try it with my son...

Anonymous

• You don't know how to breastfeet? Oh man, you're missing out. You have to very flexible. You have put your foot up to your boob, and let your son suck on your toes instead of you nipple. Good luck, it's great!
    Anonymous

• pump and dump.. thats what I was told in th breastfeeding class I took, also feed right before you drink (if you must) or pump before hand (or both) and then afterward pump and throw it away... by the next feeding you should be fine
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Like prettrayray said. The best time to drink is right after you breastfeed. It only takes about three hours for it to get out of your system. What I did was a would pump earlier in the day and store it then I would breastfeed her right before and then I would only have one drink and then I would pump and dump while I was feeding her the stored. Just remeber the more that you drink the more you need to have stored and the longer befor eyou can actually breastfeed.
    mamaofhw

Answer by mamaofhw at 11:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• you breastmilk is self renewing, like your blood, if there is no alcohol left in your blood than there is none in you milk, so as long as you arent drunk or drinking when your bfing you should be ok, there is no need to pump and dump after and you are sober.
    i would pump before in the day and store it and feed right before drinking, use the stored stuff if i wasnt sobered up and wait till i was clean before i used my milk again.
    tuesdaygreen

Answer by tuesdaygreen at 1:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• One drink? You really don't have to wait. More then one? About 2-3 hours per drink. No need to pump and dump either. Alcohol leaves your milk like it does your bloodstream.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2008